CYCLE FOR ALS 2014!
Click on the link below for Cycle for ALS pictures:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4YTHvr8KPk Denver Cycle 2013
http://youtu.be/uqSBKGXGDGw Soul Cycle 2013
This year's cycle fundraiser is dedicated to our past president Karen Kelly (O'Riordan) found her freedom from ALS on Friday, September 13th, 2013. Her mom and grandfather both succumbed to this horrific disease. Our hearts go out to Karen's family and we will continue to remember her dedication to help us find at minimum an effective treatment. We know many of you have been touched by ALS...this is what makes it personal as it has for us. Our son Jon took his ALS to the fields of Kona in 2005 and he past away 2 yrs later at age 35...so, take them all for the ride of their lives...be their arms, legs and voice!!
Let's make this our best year yet!!!!
- Most people who develop ALS are between the ages of 40 and 70, although the disease can occur at a younger age.
- It occurs throughout the world with no racial, ethnic or socioeconomic boundaries.
- It affects as many as 30,000 in the United States, with 5,000 new cases diagnosed each year.
- Estimates suggest that ALS is responsible for as many as five of every 100,000 deaths in people aged 20 or older.
- ALS is most common among persons over age 60.
- The incidence of ALS is five times higher than Huntington's disease and about equal to multiple sclerosis.
Since 1869...the ALS Disease Death Toll...20,549,596.... to greater than 21 million...Survivors....0