Cycle for ALS 2013
We exceeded our goal thanks to you all!!
Click on the link below for Cycle for ALS pictures:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4YTHvr8KPk Denver Cycle 2013
http://youtu.be/uqSBKGXGDGw Soul Cycle 2013
On March 18th ALS Warriorpoet Pete Zucker found his Freedom from ALS...Pete was a wonderful husband, father, athlete, FMRC member and friend to the Blais Family...we shall miss his great sense of humor and smile that never faltered throughout the course of this disease we so want to find at minimum a meaningful treatment...we shall miss you Pete...
- Most people who develop ALS are between the ages of 40 and 70, although the disease can occur at a younger age.
- It occurs throughout the world with no racial, ethnic or socioeconomic boundaries.
- It affects as many as 30,000 in the United States, with 5,000 new cases diagnosed each year.
- Estimates suggest that ALS is responsible for as many as five of every 100,000 deaths in people aged 20 or older.
- ALS is most common among persons over age 60.
- The incidence of ALS is five times higher than Huntington's disease and about equal to multiple sclerosis.
Since 1869...the ALS Disease Death Toll...20,549,596.... to greater than 21 million...Survivors....0